What makes you so unhappy and fatigued in the beautiful sunny days? What hinders you from sharing the fun of backyard picnics with your friends and family? Does the mouthwatering smell of barbeque coupled with the heady perfume of roses fail to tickle your senses? And the knowledge that you have Reverse Seasonal Affective Disorder is further pulling you down……..But that shouldn’t be the case now that so many ways of Reverse seasonal affective disorder treatment have been brought to the fore. Why not find out more about them?
Ways To Make May Merry!
You can try the following tips to make this summer a merrier time for you.
- Do you have some time to invest? Then pack your bag and make a pleasure trip to somewhere with cool and rainy climate.
- No time to go out? Then just put your air conditioner on, or take a long, cold shower.
- Take out your old swimsuits. Apprehensive about how you will look in them? Doesn’t matter. You are not going for a ramp walk anyways. Just put it on, make a splash and have a great swimming time! You are sure to feel great after you come out of the water.
- Exercise for fun, and not for any purpose.
- Utilize your body to jump, run, and dance or to do anything that can give you some fun.
- Wear dark glasses when you are out.
- Keep your rooms dark when you are at your home.
- Summer barbeques and short night outs can be fun, but they all persuade you to stay awake for longer hours, and if you actually have reverse SAD, you need to sleep adequately.
- It is important for you to speak up. Do not hesitate to consult a psychiatrist, a psychologist or a social worker for your summer traumas. He or she may help you to cope with the situation.
What about Taking Drugs?
Of course, you may also find your relief by means of medications, such as mood stabilizers and antidepressants. In fact, antidepressants can also help you to lower the temperature of your body. However, as you decide on taking them, there are certain things that you should keep in mind:
- Antidepressants have their obvious side effects.
- If you are already on depression medicine, and even then, it is making your depression even worse, then you should consult your doctor to change it.
- DO NOT take such medicines without consulting with your doc.
Now that you have learn about the different ways of Reverse seasonal affective disorder treatment, coping with the summer depression will no more be a big deal!